Wednesday, May 11, 2005 AD

Me and My Growler

So, now that all of you know that I was in Alaska, there was time to tour a couple of the local brewpubs. This is a picture of me kissing a growler full of Bock from the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage, AK.

I tried their Bock (excellent), their India Pale Ale from a cask-conditioned state (yummy and hoppy), their Oak Aged Imperial Stout (one of the best beers I have ever tasted) and their Oatmeal Stout (excellent with a hoppy flavor).

The picture is here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mommy's Resource Closet said...

Very nice.

So, who's the baby?

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaiah, my nephew and apparently Dan's new drinking buddy. Although usually he prefers milk.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just because he can't lift the growler to his lips yet. Give him time.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Pastor Dave Ruddat said...

When we arrived home yesterday, we were interested to see how Isaiah would react to seeing the familiar sights of home. As we set him down and anticiapted that he would quickly climb the stairs and run to his room, he instead ran to my collection of beer cans and grabbed one.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys have taught him well(s)!

7:51 PM  
Blogger RandomDan said...

I taught him wells then.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Scot K said...

What an excellent establishment. It was in walking distance from our hotel. Which is good a good thing since I tried several of their fine selections over the course of the evening - wasn't much else to do as we waited for our transportation to the cruise ship last summer. And you are right, the cask-conditioned IPA was a real treat.

Their buffalo-style wings were great as well.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home