Saturday, March 12, 2005 AD

Ein Radler, bitte!




Servus!

It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd quickly mention a beer that I sometimes enjoy when I'm in Austria.

Over there one can order a Radler which is a mixture of beer and either some type of juice or the European-style Fanta. Radler auf Deutsch means bicyclist, since it's designed to quench the thirst of those folks better than regular beers.

I know, I know. This sounds gross, but I actually have grown to enjoy them, especially when I don't want so much alcohol and if I'm very thirsty. If this still sounds strange, well, then I guess it qualifies as a misadventure.

When I want to drink beer when I'm not so thirsty ;-) I like this:
Hirter Privat Pils

Stammwürze: 12,3°
Alkohol: 5,2 vol %
Ideale Trinktemperatur: + 8°C

Die Königsmarke der Privatbrauerei Hirt. Diese Bierspezialität wird nach alten böhmischen Rezepturen gebraut. Das weiche Wasser aus der Hanslbauerquelle nahe der Brauerei und die erlesenen Zutaten prägen den unvergleichlichen Geschmack. Im Gegensatz zu anderen Pils-Bieren (welche meist nach der norddeutschen Methode - das heißt hoher Bitterwert - gebraut werden) präsentiert sich das Hirter Privat Pils im Antrunk weich und schlank und ist im Abgang harmonisch zartbitter. Durch seine lange Lagerzeit reift das Hirter Privat Pils völlig naturbelassen und wird weder pasteurisiert noch sonstwie künstlich haltbar gemacht.

Prost! Gottes Segen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mommy's Resource Closet said...

That's perfect! Can anyone tell me how to set one of those things up? It's probably the best way to get him to exercise, to tell you the truth! ;)

Oh, sorry, babe! I love you!

8:26 PM  
Blogger The Terrible Swede said...

What the...?

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home