Tuesday, February 22, 2005 AD

Prost!

Greetings from Hillsdale!

Thank you, Ron, for inviting me to join this blog! I'm honored, although as I type this I'm drinking wine. (Sorry.) I'm originally from Western New York, so I've included this image as my initial tribute to Genesee Cream Ale. Maybe I can share my recipe for Jim Kelly Suicide Wings...

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I used to home brew because, well, American beer seem like making love in a canoe: darn close to water. I was a proud member of KRAEUSENE, Keweenaw Real Ale Enthusiasts United for Serious Experimentation in Naturally Effervescent up dere in Houghton, Michigan, home of Michigan Tech University. Up dere in da U.P. where da men are men and the Finns like da Sauna.

We would bring our latest batches and then sample them for three hours. That was good. In fact, at my last meeting I enjoyed a glass from the batch that won first prize (blue ribbon) at Michigan's State Fair. But the problem was that we would spend the entire evening talking about, well, beer and how to brew it. And that was, after a while, bad. Boring.

Now I love beer, and I consider it my sacred responsibility to enjoy it. I'm not sure how much we can say about it, but hey, I'm up for the challenge. I married a lady from Ottensheim, Austria, so I've enjoyed a great many excellent beers over there. We can talk beer, but I'd rather drink it with yous guys.

I look forward to this blog.

Blessings.

Rob, the Not-so-Terrible Swede

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home